LABORATORY AIDE – NEW POSITION – JOB #415
Be dedicated in supporting the regional community by helping PRL become the laboratory provider of choice by offering high quality results using cutting edge technology, superior customer service, and tailored information system solutions. Ensure correct and accurate specimen processing procedures are performed on all patients. Provides timely and accurate entry of billing and test information into the laboratory information system. Communicate appropriately and effectively with employees and all associated departments. Demonstrate excellence, honesty/integrity, mutual respect/teamwork, compassion, commitment to staff and patient safety, continuous improvement, ongoing education and training, collegial work environment, and stewardship of resources.
- Follow protocols in the departmental policies and procedures.
- Adhere to established work schedules.
- Demonstrate accuracy and proficiency in registering and ordering laboratory tests through the laboratory information system.
- Labels specimens accurately and according to established procedures.
- Handles requests for special services such as STAT and Timed draw specimens, prudently and efficiently.
- Assists other personnel as required.
- Ensures the requisition contains the appropriate information for each patient.
- Adheres to all requirements of PRL safety, environmental and infection control programs including biohazard waste programs.
- Maintains temperature and centrifuge logs accurately and informs Manager when variances from specifications occur.
- Follows all HCFA medically necessary procedures, understanding all compliance related procedures in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Communicates effectively with patients, their families, staff, colleagues, and physicians.
- Ensure that all customers/patients are helped appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Assists in keeping appropriate inventory levels.
- Maintains technical knowledge through continuing education.
- Completes annual competency successfully.
- Attends meeting and participates on committees as requested by Manager.
- Works within the framework of PRL policies and procedures.
- Adheres to PRL policies regarding sick time, attendance, rest and meal breaks and dress code.
- Reports and corrects unsafe conditions.
- Accepts constructive feedback in a professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Laboratory experience or equivalent a plus.
- Preferred Position Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Phlebotomy certification or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate data entry skills and word processing
- Good leadership and organizational skills
- High School Diploma or GED
Drug Free Workplace