Phlebotomist – NEW POSITION – PRN – in Spokane, Washington – JOB#451
Collect blood from patients, check quality of blood and assume responsibility for safety and comfort of patient following established standards and practices.
- Human Negotiation Skills
- Follow Laboratory Thinking and displays a professional appearance at all times with employees and clients.
- Seeks and maintains a positive mental attitude and is helpful and courteous.
- Motivates employees to produce high quality results.
- Participates in continuing education.
- Operation Excellence
- Complies with all safety policies and procedures.
- Assists manager to plan, organize, implement and control department for high quality standards and results.
- Complies with laws, regulatory agencies and professional oversight groups, i.e., TJC, CAP.
- Maintains competence of employees by consistent enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality.
- Objective Management
- Special Projects: listed on Performance Evaluation as assigned.
- Position Summary
- Performs duties according to established standard techniques and procedures while utilizing proper equipment.
- Follows strict principles of asepsis and antisepsis in performing duties.
- Assemble supplies and equipment. Ensure equipment is clean and functioning properly.
- Maintains the work area and test tray in sanitary condition.
- Process specimens accordingly when needed.
- Store and label blood as required.
- Participate in Quality Control.
- Maintain employee updates, in-services and meetings as required.
- Assist in orientation and training of volunteers, students, and new employees as requested.
- Consult with and keep supervisor informed of needs, activities and problems.
- Work overtime if necessary to provide the best coverage possible in the event of a scheduling crisis.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Typing, data entry and computer skills preferred.
Phlebotomy experience preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Valid driver’s license required
Drug Free Workplace