Phlebotomy Technician, Job #49
Monday – Friday (9 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
Saturday’s – 4 hours mornings
Collect blood from patients, check quality of blood and assume responsibility for safety and comfort of patient following established standards and practices.
- Performs duties according to established standard techniques and procedures while utilizing proper equipment.
- Follows strict principles of asepsis and antisepsis in performing duties.
- Assemble supplies and equipment. Ensure equipment is clean and functioning properly.
- Maintains the work area and test tray in sanitary condition.
- Process specimens accordingly when needed.
- Assists in Client Services upon request.
- Store and label blood as required.
- Participate in Quality Control
- Display a helpful and courteous attitude and professional appearance at all times.
- Cooperates with department and laboratory staff to maintain positive working relationships among employees.
- Prioritize workload in the Phlebotomy Department accordingly
- Maintain employee updates, in -services, and meetings as required
- Assist in the orientation and training of volunteers, students, and new employees as requested
- Consult with and keep supervisor informed of needs, activities and problems.
- Work overtime if necessary to provide the best coverage possible in the event of a scheduling crisis
- Assist Lead Phlebotomist in monitoring Quality Improvement within the department.
Performs other duties as directed
- Typing, data entry and computer skills preferred.
- 1 year experience or completion of an accredited phlebotomy course required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Phlebotomy Certification (PBT [ASCP]) required.
- Valid driver’s license required
Must be eligible to obtain Washington Health Care Assistance Certification.
This is a Drug Free Workplace