Laboratory Scientist – Job #4
Under the direction of the department manager, perform analysis on blood, body fluid specimens and report result to the clinician.
- Human Negotiation Skills
- Follow Laboratory Thinking
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Seek a positive solution to problems
- Participate in Main Lab Staff Meetings
- Operation Excellence
- Comply with safety policies and procedures
- Comply with PRL/HR policies and procedures
- Follow regulatory compliance policies (CMS, HIPPA)
- Assist Technical Manager with Accreditation compliance (CAP, JCAHO)
- Understand Quality Control statistics and procedures
- Perform troubleshooting and instrument maintenance
- Evaluate results, methodically using specimen integrity, quality control and instrument performance variables
- Participate in Continuing Education opportunities
- Maintain competency
- Participate in Proficiency Testing
- Objective Management
- Complete specific assignments within acceptable time frame
- Complete laboratory duties as assigned
- Assist in creation and maintenance of 5S and Linear Flow operations
- Identify Process Improvement opportunities
- Workgroup Participation
- Assist in training new employees
- Assist with inventory control
Experience with laboratory methodology preferred.
1-3 years of experience as a scientist preferred.
BS Degree preferred.
ASCP Certified or equivalent.
Valid driver’s license required.
Drug Free Workplace